THE INTERNATIONAL EPILEPSY COURSE - EPILEPSY ASSESSMENT & MANAGEMENT COURSE (EAMC)
Sponsored by Row Foundation and the Epilepsy Defeating Foundation, the EAMC has been designed to equip medical practitioners with best practices when caring for people living with epilepsy in Low to Middle-Income Countries (LMICs)
This intensive three-month interactive virtual training is ideal for doctors and nurses in LMICs seeking to develop their knowledge and skills so they can deliver excellent care to their patients.
Sessions will be delivered by leading UK specialists in the field of epilepsy management. You will have access to recordings of sessions and you will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion.
Indicative Course Content:
- Epilepsy: Definition, Myths and Misconception
- Diagnosing Epilepsy using Neuro-diagnostic Assessments
- Managing Epilepsy in Children and Women
- Epilepsy Risk Management
- Epilepsy and Mental Health
By the end of the course, you will:
- Have been taught by some of the best epilepsy experts from the UK
- Have a thorough understanding of epilepsy – causes, types, presentations and management
- Know how to take thorough and accurate medical history of patients
- Know how to make an accurate diagnosis of epilepsy
- Understand how to manage epilepsy in special groups – women, children and people living with intellectual disabilities
- Be able to complete detailed risk assessments and management plans
- Be more confident in meeting the needs of people with epilepsy in your country
- Have developed long lasting professional links with peers in other countries
The course will run virtually from January – March 2021. More details will be sent to you in your registration email.
Book your place today at a discounted price of £80
There are limited spaces on the course; REGISTER NOW to secure your place.